[Telepathy] TI Omap HW acceleration and SIP Video

Bas van den Berg bberg at mail.altenpts.nl
Tue Sep 14 00:31:29 PDT 2010

Thx for the quick reply.

I'm using the TI Omap3 3530 processor and I'm using gstreamer-ti plugins for to
use the DSP. (using TI's dvsdk).

Since the igep2 and our board are very close relatives, I'm wondering which
setup you're using. Did you also use sofiasip?

Also, in our app, we're setting arguments for the gstreamer plugins, like:
    decoder = gst_element_factory_make("TIViddec2", NULL);
    g_object_set(G_OBJECT(decoder), "codecName", "h264dec", NULL);
When running with GST_DEBUG=5 i can see that these are being used. But
setting the args for:
    framebuffer = gst_element_factory_make("TIDmaiVideoSink", NULL);
    g_object_set(G_OBJECT(framebuffer), "displayStd", "V4L2", NULL);
    ..
cannot be found in the logging. Strange...

Any ideas?

Regards,
Bas

  Debugging voip can be fun, starting from sofiasip is probably your best
  bet. To get more info from a stand-alone process run:
  TPORT_DEBUG=9 TPORT_LOG=1 SOFIASIP_DEBUG=all SOFIASIP_PERSIST=true <path
  to tp-sofiasip>

  It's quite likely though the problem is in the media path, using
  gstreamers debugging facilities should be able to help you here.

  Ooi, i recently played around with an igep development board (omap3) and
  nicely got some telepathy apps running with video conferencing. Which
  way of using the DSP are you using? dspbridge with gst-dsp or the
  Openmax way of doing things ?

  --
  Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk>
  Collabora Ltd.