[Telepathy] Telepathy on Maemo5

Felipe Crochik felipe at crochik.com
Tue Apr 12 10:11:56 PDT 2011

I just exchanged a couple e-mails with Jeremias (he is working on Peregrine
Communicator [1]) and I would like to know if anybody can help us find out
the answers for some questions:

It seems that the current Telepathy Qt4 bindings for maemo5 are version
0.2.x. Is it possible to compile a new version of the bindings without
upgrading the underline telepathy libs on the maemo5? Which version? I guess
it is possible that the telepathy bindings evolved for some time
independently of the telepathy core.

Has anybody attempted to upgrade the qt bindings or even better the
telepathy libs on maemo5? Would it at all be possible (no closed source
dependencies, features not present, .)?

[1] http://www.peregrine-communicator.org/aktuell/peregrine-release-0-7

Thanks,

Felipe Crochik