[Telepathy] Telepathy on Maemo5

Olli Salli ollisal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 03:48:00 PDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Felipe Crochik <felipe at crochik.com> wrote:
> I just exchanged a couple e-mails with Jeremias (he is working on Peregrine
> Communicator [1]) and I would like to know if anybody can help us find out
> the answers for some questions:
>

> It seems that the current Telepathy Qt4 bindings for maemo5 are version
> 0.2.x. Is it possible to compile a new version of the bindings without
> upgrading the underline telepathy libs on the maemo5? Which version? I guess
> it is possible that the telepathy bindings evolved for some time
> independently of the telepathy core.
>

> Has anybody attempted to upgrade the qt bindings or even better the
> telepathy libs on maemo5? Would it at all be possible (no closed source
> dependencies, features not present, …)?

There are no closed-source dependencies, and the new tp-qt4 versions
should be compatible on the D-Bus level with the services Maemo 5 has.
The optional tp-glib dependency, however wouldn't be satisfied:
thankfully, this only means that unit tests won't be run at compile
time, and possibly that due to recursive dependencies the Farsight
binding part can't be built. You should face no other issues. If you
do, however, feel free to report them at the freedesktop.org
bugtracker (Telepathy/tp-qt4) and we'll see what we can do.

--

Br,
Olli Salli