[Telepathy] [ssh-contact] Why do I need X11 running and is there a workaround for avoiding it?

Christophe-Marie Duquesne chm.duquesne at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 09:35:17 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Simon McVittie
<simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> mc-tool (which comes with Mission Control) is a developer tool rather than
> a real UI, but can add accounts and put them online from a command-line
> interface.

Thank you very much!

I have been struggling with mc-tool for about 20 minutes (I even tried
to read the code of mc-tool.c on the gitweb). What do you do to add a
gtalk account? I am stuck with:

mc-tool add gabble/jabber myuser at gmail.com string:password=mypassword

Whatever I do, I always end with the same error
mc-tool: The supplied CM parameters were not valid
(which is apparently not a message from mc-tool.c)