[Telepathy] [ssh-contact] Why do I need X11 running and is there a workaround for avoiding it?

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 10:05:45 PDT 2011

On 23/08/11 17:35, Christophe-Marie Duquesne wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Simon McVittie
> <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
>> mc-tool (which comes with Mission Control) is a developer tool rather than
>> a real UI, but can add accounts and put them online from a command-line
>> interface.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> I have been struggling with mc-tool for about 20 minutes (I even tried
> to read the code of mc-tool.c on the gitweb). What do you do to add a
> gtalk account? I am stuck with:
>
> mc-tool add gabble/jabber myuser at gmail.com string:password=mypassword

The second parameter to 'mc-tool add' is just a human-readable
description of the account, not necessarily your username.

Try:

  mc-tool add gabble/jabber 'My Beautiful Google Talk Account'
string:account=myuser at gmail.com string:password=mypassword

> Whatever I do, I always end with the same error
> mc-tool: The supplied CM parameters were not valid
> (which is apparently not a message from mc-tool.c)

That's not a very helpful error string, is it? I'll see if I can figure
out where it came from and make it more informative.

--
Will