[Telepathy] One big repository

Olli Salli ollisal at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 12:45:39 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Danielle Madeley
<danielle.madeley at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
>      * split tp-glib into high-level and D-Bus API, although I think
>        such a break should be combined with a port to GDBus;

I agree with doing them in sync. The high-level and low-level split
technically is rather simple - just reorganizing the build system's
targets a bit. But the port to GDBus will severely change the balance
between the high-level lib and the low-level lib especially in the
client side, such that the low-level lib becomes much more capable and
the high-level lib needs to implement less code manually as a result.
Hence, the "low-level lib" will be a much different beast than it
would be if done now with dbus-glib. See also: the project
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/DBusRAD which the GDBus
client-side port will likely be related to.

--

Br,
Olli Salli