[Telepathy] need some help to get installed from the source

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 09:25:23 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 2:09 AM, Nicolas Dufresne
<nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> Le mercredi 12 janvier 2011 à 23:00 +0530, Kalpa Welivitigoda a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I want to get empathy installed from the source. I'm on Fedora 14.
> When I ./configure I get the following error,
>
> Requested 'folks >= 0.3.3' but version of Folks is 0.1.16
> Requested 'folks-telepathy >= 0.3.3' but version of Folks Telepathy
> support library is 0.1.16
> Requested 'gio-2.0 >= 2.27.2' but version of GIO is 2.26.0
> Requested 'gio-unix-2.0 >= 2.27.2' but version of GIO unix specific
> APIs is 2.26.0
> No package 'gsettings-desktop-schemas' found
> No package 'telepathy-farsight' found
> Requested 'telepathy-glib >= 0.13.9' but version of Telepathy-GLib is
> 0.11.16
> Requested 'gtk+-3.0 >= 2.99.0' but version of GTK+ is 2.90.5
> Requested 'libnotify >= 0.7.0' but version of libnotify is 0.5.1
> No package 'gcr-3' found
>
> I tried to install folks 0.3.3 from source and it needs
> telepathy-glib. telepathy-glib was installed from source. still I get
> the above error. Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> You probably forgot to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to where you
> installed your custom build ?
>
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=libpath/pkgconfig
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=libpath

well I'm still having issues with installing these packages and I try
my best to get them install. Still googling how to do so.

Well I though to have  a look at the code of empathy and try to make
some patches. That's why I wanted to build it from source first. I got
a git clone. I'm on Fedora 14. I tried autogen.sh of empathy, it said
these these packages are missing and I tried my best to compile them
still I couldn't. Isn't there any other way to get the source compiled
easily.

--
Best Regards,

Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda