[Telepathy] Announce: telepathy-haze 0.5.0

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Sat Jul 9 03:43:43 PDT 2011

The “paving stones” release. Please enjoy the fruits of 11 months'
sporadic development.

tarball: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-haze/telepathy-haze-0.5.0.tar.gz
signature: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-haze/telepathy-haze-0.5.0.tar.gz.asc
git: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-haze

Dependencies:

• telepathy-glib ≥ 0.13.9 is now required.

• libpurple ≥ 2.7.0 is now required.

Enhancements:

 • fd.o #19902: use TpBaseContactList to implement Conn.I.ContactList,
   Conn.I.ContactGroups, and the stored list (smcv)

 • fd.o #37933: implement contact blocking (Jasper St. Pierre, wjt)

 • fd.o #13124: support setting your own alias (Felipe Contreras)

 • The Telepathy API to allow the user not to save their password is now
   implemented. (Jonny)

Fixes:

 • haze no longer ships with a manager file. (jonny)

 • Map PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_OTHER_ERROR to AuthenticationFailed,
   since it's used for errors like being temporarily banned from the
   ICQ server, which should result in Mission Control not trying to
   reconnect (wjt)

 • fd.o #31846: translate the Jabber connection_security parameter in
   newer libpurple versions into two booleans, old-ssl and
   require-encryption (smcv)

 • fd.o #26155: make telepathy-glib criticals fatal by default (smcv)

 • fd.o #30594: don't claim that ICQ (and other) contacts support audio
   calls when they aren't even supported at all by libpurple on the
   protocol (Guillaume)

--
Will