[Telepathy] exposing dialog interfaces to empathy from the protocol end

Shannon Black shannon at netforge.co.za
Mon Oct 17 07:39:59 PDT 2011

Howzit

I'm working on patching up telepathy-haze to make use of the
libpurple's purple_request_* methods. This will provide a fix for the
purple protocols, the one I'm particularly trying to fix is the MXiT
protocol. My issue is that I need to expose the requests to libempathy
in the form of HazeDialogRequest / EmpathyDialog. i.e I need to be
able to send through telepathy-glib data relating to it namely,
"dialog name", "fields", and the fields can be broken into types of
fields, namely "image", "label", "editbox", "dropdown", "numbox" with
a "yes / no" "accept / reject" "Ok / Cancel" button.

If you need me to programme up the HazeDialogRequest struct i'll do such.
But what I need is for someone to either point me to a tutorial or to
extend the telepathy-glib ABI to allow me to pass through such a
struct as well as a method to emit and also assign callbacks to a
"telepathy-dialog-request"

Any ideas?

Regards
Shannon