[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: folks 0.6.2.1

Raul Gutierrez Segales raul.gutierrez.segales at collabora.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 11:20:11 PDT 2011

This is a follow-up release that fixes a bug
that was detected on 0.6.2 released earlier today.

libfolks 0.6.2.1 is now available for download from:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/folks/0.6/folks-0.6.2.1.tar.xz  (1.22M)
  sha256sum: 3eda79a71890b51b6f723067b61c32ef25e9041a9e188b483d7f23e3dcd328ee

http://download.gnome.org/sources/folks/0.6/folks-0.6.2.1.tar.bz2 (1.40M)
  sha256sum: 429ffc2a024158b16df5ebe5e29b43436f9ae4bd199661eacf5fab02ee9ce011

libfolks 0.6.2.1
Libfolks pulls together contacts from any number of accounts supported
by the libfolks backends. This release includes a number of backends,
including Telepathy, evolution-data-server, libsocialweb, Tracker, and
a simple key-file backend.

The 0.6.x series is API and ABI stable and corresponds to the Gnome 3.2
release. We will continue in the 0.6.x for the foreseeable future,
until we need to make further API or ABI breaks (which we don't
anticipate at this time). We will make an announcement when we
officially commit to API/ABI-stability for the project as a whole.

See the NEWS file for details on every break we made. In future
releases, we will have example programs that will be kept up-to-date
with the latest API as well.

For more information, see the Folks wiki page:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Folks

Reference documentation is available here:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks/
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks-eds/
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks-libsocialweb/
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks-telepathy/

Overview of changes from libfolks 0.6.2 to libfolks 0.6.2.1

Bugs fixed:
* Bug 658580 — Assertion in gee_hash_map_node_iterator_next with folks 0.6.2

Dependencies
============
libfolks and depend upon core GNOME libraries (GLib, GIO, etc.), as well
as the recent releases of Vala and gobject-introspection.

The Telepathy backend also requires a recent release of telepathy-glib,
built to include its Vala bindings.

The EDS backend also requires a recent release of evolution-data-server,
built to include its Vala bindings.

The Tracker backend requires a recent version of Tracker.

The Libsocialweb backend requires a recent version of libsocialweb,
built to include the Vala bindings.

Contributing/Contact