[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: folks 0.6.2

Raul Gutierrez Segales raul.gutierrez.segales at collabora.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 02:39:49 PDT 2011

libfolks 0.6.2 is now available for download from:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/folks/0.6/

http://download.gnome.org/sources/folks/0.6/folks-0.6.2.tar.xz  (1.22M)
  sha256sum: 5f6ad6a8692fa149b109ab274c1ad8300cef682efd90d9cb9483c6648cd23688

http://download.gnome.org/sources/folks/0.6/folks-0.6.2.tar.bz2 (1.40M)
  sha256sum: 817b0dbaaf4dd6b56dd9bf70ea34e29083d0040b9e1aa31efeca18e251d375df

libfolks 0.6.2
Libfolks pulls together contacts from any number of accounts supported
by the libfolks backends. This release includes a number of backends,
including Telepathy, evolution-data-server, libsocialweb, Tracker, and
a simple key-file backend.

The 0.6.x series is API and ABI stable and corresponds to the Gnome 3.2
release. We will continue in the 0.6.x for the foreseeable future,
until we need to make further API or ABI breaks (which we don't
anticipate at this time). We will make an announcement when we
officially commit to API/ABI-stability for the project as a whole.

See the NEWS file for details on every break we made. In future
releases, we will have example programs that will be kept up-to-date
with the latest API as well.

For more information, see the Folks wiki page:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Folks

Reference documentation is available here:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks/
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks-eds/
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks-libsocialweb/
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks-telepathy/

Overview of changes from libfolks 0.6.1 to libfolks 0.6.2

Bugs fixed:
* Bug 645056 — TpLowlevel library should have only static public functions
* Bug 653777 — Would be nice to have a helper function to create a writable
  persona
* Bug 657635 — Linking personas from different (e-d-s) stores is not working
* Bug 657510 — Add asynchronous property setter methods
* Bug 656184 — Add is-quiescent property
* Bug 657971 — Need BirthdayDetails support in eds backend
* Bug 657789 — Don't claim uneditable eds fields as writable
* Bug 657282 — Add an IndividualAggregator.individuals_changed_detailed signal
* Bug 657969 — Support RoleDetails in eds backend
* Bug 657783 — Prefer data from primary store when picking Individual values
* Bug 658411 — Only emit notifications for linkable properties if they've
  actually changed
* Bug 656689 — Re-link personas on linkable properties being changed

API changes:
* Add PersonaStore:always-writeable-properties property
* Add IndividualAggregatorError.PROPERTY_NOT_WRITEABLE error
* Add IndividualAggregator.ensure_individual_property_writeable()
* Add Folks.PropertyError
* Add *Details.change_*() virtual methods
* Add IndividualAggregator:is-quiescent, Backend:is-quiescent and
  PersonaStore:is-quiescent
* Add PersonaDetail.GROUPS and PersonaDetail.INVALID
* Add IndividualAggregator.individuals_changed_detailed and deprecate
  IndividualAggregator.individuals_changed (but not remove or break it)

Dependencies
============
libfolks and depend upon core GNOME libraries (GLib, GIO, etc.), as well
as the recent releases of Vala and gobject-introspection.

The Telepathy backend also requires a recent release of telepathy-glib,
built to include its Vala bindings.

The EDS backend also requires a recent release of evolution-data-server,
built to include its Vala bindings.

The Tracker backend requires a recent version of Tracker.

The Libsocialweb backend requires a recent version of libsocialweb,
built to include the Vala bindings.

Contributing/Contact