[Telepathy] GSoC Idea: XEP-0030 in GTG: Collaborative Getting Things GNOME

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 04:56:47 PDT 2012

On 29/03/12 08:48, Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
> Le Wednesday 28 March 2012 à 18:29 +0200, Izidor Matušov a écrit :
>> I would like to ask
>> about the current state of Telepathy Gabble: Could it solve my needs?
>> What parts would I need to patch to have required features?
>
> Yes, you'll have to write a Gabble plugin (called sidecars) which will
> implement a new D-Bus API that you'll use in GTG to access/modify the
> tasks.
> I'm not a sidecar expert but IIRC we have a simple skeleton you could
> start with. Will?

Nah, I never finished putting it together.

You could take a look at the XMPP console plugin and corresponding UI
which ships in the Gabble source tree. The plugin exposes some extra
D-Bus API, and the UI consumes it.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-gabble/tree/plugins/console.c
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-gabble/tree/plugins/telepathy-gabble-xmpp-console

--