[Telepathy] Announce: telepathy-gabble 0.16.0

Jonny Lamb jonnylamb at jonnylamb.com
Mon Apr 2 14:52:13 PDT 2012

Good afternoon,

It is with splendid pleasure I announce the release of telepathy-gabble
0.16.0. This is the start of a new stable branch.

tarball:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.16.0.tar.gz
signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.16.0.tar.gz.asc
git: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-gabble

Changes since 0.15.5:

• telepathy-glib 0.18.0 is now required.

• Install plugins in their own special (versioned) gabble directory so
  we're not installing unversioned ABI-unstable libraries. (Simon)

• The DownloadAtConnection and Download ContactList members have been
  implemented. (Alban)

• Handle errors in IBB bytestreams. (fd.o#47999, Will)

Summary of particularly noteworthy changes since 0.14.x:

• telepathy-glib 0.18.0 is now required.

• Gabble can now be built on Android, using 'androgenizer'.

• Add support for the final version of Call1 and remove the
  telepathy-yell submodule.

• Many other miscellanous fixes and small interface implementations.

Cheerio,

--
Jonny Lamb