[Telepathy] MSN retiring?

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 07:08:12 PST 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Simon McVittie
<simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> On 13/12/12 19:57, Spoon Reloaded wrote:
>> "We will retire Messenger in all countries worldwide in the first
>> quarter of 2013 (with the exception of mainland China[...])."
>>
> -snip
> I don't know how this affects use of MSN via Microsoft's "Live Connect"
> XMPP bridge (announced last December) and telepathy-gabble, which is
> what you get if you add a Windows Live account in GNOME Online Accounts.
> My pessimistic assumption is that this will also cease to work; but
> we'll see.

Completely guessing here: since Skype will still maintain MSN
connectivity, and since Skype already supported Facebook messaging --
my guess with XMPP as well, I'm guessing the MSN XMPP bridge was
created specififically to avoid implementing the full MSNP protocol on
Skype.
As I said, I'm guessing all this, but this would mean MSN XMPP would
last a few more months/years.
--
Pedro