[Telepathy] Migrating to telepathy-farstream

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Sat Jun 30 12:25:34 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 10:27 +0200, Victor Paléologue wrote:

> I am migrating from telepathy-farsight to telepathy-farstream, but I
> have some problems after the stream (the TfContent) was added. In my
> callback, I still connect to src-pad-added event and I do not connect
> to any of the events of the old TfStream, but I didn't change anything
> else yet.

You may want to connect to the start/stop-sending/receiving signals to
start your source and sinks at the right time.

> In this configuration, I get this error message: tp-fs-Message:
> tf_stream_error: stream error errorno=7 error=add_remote_candidate not
> defined in stream transmitter class; and telepathy-gabble crashes.

This is strange, do you have a log of your application, dbus-monitor and
telepathy-gabble ? And Gabble should definitely not crash.

> Is there something obvious I did wrong? Is it important to connect the
> other signals of the TfContent? Are there any guidelines somewhere for
> migrating from farsight to farstream?

You need to connect "fs-conference-added" of TfChannel and add the
FsConference objects to your pipeline at that point.

http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/telepathy-farstream/

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com