[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-rakia 0.7.4

Mystilleef mystilleef at gmail.com
Mon May 14 10:23:12 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Olivier Crête
<olivier.crete at collabora.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 11:43 -0400, Mystilleef wrote:
>> 1) For outgoing calls, calling TpCallChannel.accept
>> transitions the channel's state from "Pending_Initiator" to
>> "Initialised". How do I get the channel's state to
>> "Accepted" and "Active"? The docs say rakia is supposed to
>> do this automatically after the accept method is called. So
>> far, I'm having no luck. I'm using telepathy-rakia-0.7.4 on
>> Fedora rawhide.
>
> For outgoing calls, it goes to ACCEPTED/ACTIVE when the other side
> accepts the call. This is probably related to the next problem as it
> won't send the request to the other side before getting the local codecs
> and candidates.
>
>> 2) The Farstream TfChannel created from TpCallChannel does
>> not emit signals for media streaming. In particular, "fs-
>> conference-added" and "content-added" do not get emitted.
>> I'm not sure if this is related to issue 1 or if this is a
>> bug.
>
> This is strange... Look at the output of dbus-monitor maybe...
>
> --
> Olivier Crête
> olivier.crete at collabora.com

I've extracted the sofiasip messages going through D-Bus when I try to
make a call.

http://pastebin.com/C5pH8R8m

It appears that the Call1 Stream media interface emits a
ReceivingStateChanged signal. However nothing happen in tp-farstream
as far as I can tell.

Here's what my tp-farstream media streaming code looks like.

http://pastebin.com/gXbtjKZZ