[Telepathy] RFC: flattening Telepathy projects into fewer source trees

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Wed Dec 4 08:55:31 PST 2013

Hi,

For what it's worth, with my tp-farstream maintainer hat on, I'd say
merge everything Telepathy that Empathy needs into a single repo/project
that is all released as one. I'm at the point where I'm thinking of
implement SRTP in Pidgin first instead of in Telepathy because it's too
much of a pain to go through so many steps.

And if everything is in sync, this also means that the spec can become a
private API, so we don't have to care so much or keep it stable.

That means:
- spec
- tp-glib
- tp-farstream
- tp-logger
- tp-gabble
- tp-rakia
- tp-salut
- tp-haze
- tp-idle
- tp-mission-control
- tp-ring
- tp-doc

Basically, everything in the telepathy directory on Freedesktop that's
not tp-qt. We could even push tp-qt in there in the Qt people keep up
(and give up on cmake).

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com