[Telepathy] SIP - Can't make outgoing calls

Rubén Torrero Marijnissen ruben.torrero at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 12:50:33 PST 2013

Hi,

I've been having trouble setting up my SIP account with voipcheap.com
(another Betamax SIP provider) with empathy. It seems i'm able to
register correctly, but almost always will fail when trying to make an
outgoing call. I will just hear a short repeating tone for about 1
minute, before the call ends.

I say "almost always", because every once in a while I get it working
and I'm able to talk perfectly.

This is the log I get after a failed call attempt (got this from
Telepathy Debugging menu, inside Empathy, filtered messages for
sofiasip): http://pastebin.com/FMR3CDTT

Any idea what might be happening?

Thanks!