[Telepathy] merging patches into telepathy-gabble

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Wed Dec 23 14:41:49 PST 2015

On Wednesday, December 23, 2015 05:23:29 PM Olivier CrĂȘte wrote:
> There was a detailed page on how to make a release in the old wiki, I'm
> trying to revive it.

Thank you

> I would assume the tp-gabble unit tests passed when the last release
> was made.

Probably they did. When working on ktp-call-ui I noticed that gtk/glib had
definitely added more assertions, and there may have been some API drift. I
haven't investigated the issues too closely so it could also just be my build
environment is broken. But I'll try to figure out whats wrong and fix it.

> As for the D-Bus spec, it is as unmaintained as tp-glib/gabble, the
> maintainership should probably pass to the people working around TpQt
> as this is were the activity seems to be these days.

Ok. I'll go hunt down fellow KDE Telepathy people and figure out how to make
this work.

Was Collabora also maintaining Empathy too? Or hopefully, are there people
from Gnome we should make sure are involved in the spec maintenance?

Diane