[Telepathy] questions about memory and search contacts

Ask Stack askstack at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 30 11:32:24 PST 2015

HII use Evolution to connect to office365 and Empathy to Lync.
Empathy is working fine mostly, but I have two questions I need to ask.
1. Empathy uses a lot of memory. When empathy starts,  gnome-contacts also starts to consume large amount of memory. After empathy starts fully, gnome-contacts' memory usage will drop. As if Empathy is asking gnome-contacts to transfer the company's huge GAL to its memory, I am guessing of course. Is this an expected behavior for Empathy?
2. Search contacts doesn't work for me. In the "Search contacts" windows, on the "Account" drop down menu, I can see my account but it is grayed out. I can add accounts, but  I can not search. Did I configure my account wrong or it is a feature not yet implemented?

Thanks.