[Telepathy] TURN servers in Empathy

Dominik George dominik.george at teckids.org
Mon Jan 26 05:06:39 PST 2015

Hi,

>> I cannot seem to establish calls in Empathy through XMPP/Jingle and our
>> TURN server.
>
> I don't think non-Google TURN servers are supported, either
> automatically-detected or manually-configured.

> Media streams are only routed through Google if
>
> (a) the media stream is not getting through your NAT otherwise, and
> (b) the relevant accounts are such that you are already required to
>     trust Google to relay your XMPP data correctly (either all of it,
>     or just that particular peer)

I conclude from this that, in essence, Telepathy does not support TURN
or other relays for anything except Google, and to fix that, work has to
be done to port that functionality so that it works with all servers.

Is this correct?

Cheers,
Nik

--
Dominik George (1. Vorstandsvorsitzender, Pädagogischer Leiter)
Teckids e.V. - Erkunden, Entdecken, Erfinden.