[Telepathy] TURN servers in Empathy

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 05:12:34 PST 2015

On 26/01/15 13:06, Dominik George wrote:
> I conclude from this that, in essence, Telepathy does not support TURN
> or other relays for anything except Google, and to fix that, work has to
> be done to port that functionality so that it works with all servers.
>
> Is this correct?

I might be out of touch with the current state, but I believe that's
correct, yes.

Google relays are somewhat unlike standard TURN because Google has a
non-standard auto-discovery protocol based on communicating with our
"home" XMPP server, which telepathy-gabble knows how to use while
signed-in to a Google account.