[Telepathy] Telepathy Help

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Mon Apr 4 10:12:20 UTC 2016

On 04/04/16 11:56, Pranav Jain wrote:
> I was doing some research on Telepathy in order to answer the questions
> that we have been asked as part of GSOC. On the issue page there is a
> documentation regarding Telepathy given at link
> (https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/2007-July/000864.html). Most
> of the links in this document are not working.
>
> Can someone please help me out with some of the sources where I can
> learn more about Telepathy so in order to get better clarity and move
> forward with the questions. I need to know more about 'Dial' command in
> Telepathy

When I started working on the telepathy-resiprocate component I also had
trouble with finding comprehensive TelepathyQt documentation

Here are some suggested links:

- look at the source for other modules using telepathy-qt

         https://github.com/TelepathyQt
         (there are several there)

  and

         https://code.launchpad.net/telepathy-ofono

- look at this API stuff:

      https://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/book/

- study the behavior of some existing Telepathy applications using bustle

   https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Bustle/

https://blogs.gnome.org/wjjt/2008/11/13/bustle-a-d-bus-activity-charting-tool/

http://alban-apinc.blogspot.ch/2011/12/d-bus-traffic-pattern-with-telepathy.html