[Telepathy] text messages functionality

Mateus Bellomo mateusbellomo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 04:26:39 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm looking to implement the text message functionality (send/receive) at
resiprocate and I'm going through telepahty-morse [1] and
telepathy-nonsense [2] implementations. I saw that both created a separated
class called textchannel.

I just want to confirm: to implement the text message functionality I
should implement both [3] and [4], right?

I also noticed that I should use some library to send a message:
telepathy-morse uses sendMessage() from CTelegramCore and
telepathy-nonsense uses sendPacket() from qxmppClient. At resiprocate,
should I use DUM method makePublication [5] (the same as Daniel told me to
use to set a user presence)?

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://github.com/TelepathyQt/telepathy-morse
[2] https://github.com/TelepathyQt/telepathy-nonsense