[Telepathy] text messages functionality

George Kiagiadakis gkiagia at tolabaki.gr
Sun Jun 12 06:24:52 UTC 2016

On 12.06.2016 07:26, Mateus Bellomo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking to implement the text message functionality (send/receive)
> at resiprocate and I'm going through telepahty-morse [1] and
> telepathy-nonsense [2] implementations. I saw that both created a
> separated class called textchannel.
>
> I just want to confirm: to implement the text message functionality I
> should implement both [3] and [4], right?

Yes, that's correct. The Text channel has methods that are deprecated
and you shouldn't implement them (no client uses them), but it's the
channel type, so it needs to be present. The Messages interface is what
clients use on top of the Text channel to send/receive messages. In
Telepathy 1.0 this was planned to become one again, merging the Messages
interface methods in the Text channel.

> I also noticed that I should use some library to send a message:
> telepathy-morse uses sendMessage() from CTelegramCore and
> telepathy-nonsense uses sendPacket() from qxmppClient. At resiprocate,
> should I use DUM method makePublication [5] (the same as Daniel told
> me to use to set a user presence)?

I don't know about that, you should ask resiprocate developers.