[Telepathy] run telepathy with empathy at ubuntu

Mateus Bellomo mateusbellomo at gmail.com
Tue May 17 15:57:57 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm developing some methods for resiprocate-telepathy [1] and I want to
test it.

Now I'm initiating telepathy with this:

$ libtool --mode=execute gdb ./telepathy-resiprocate

and I see telepathy-resiprocate running :

tp-qt 0.9.6.1 DEBUG: Building ProtocolParameter with flags not containing
ConnMgrParamFlagHasDefault and a default value, updating flags to contain
ConnMgrParamFlagHasDefault
tp-qt 0.9.6.1 DEBUG: Interface
"org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Protocol.Interface.Addressing" plugged
tp-qt 0.9.6.1 DEBUG: Protocol "sip" added to CM
tp-qt 0.9.6.1 DEBUG: Registering protocol "sip" at path
"/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/ConnectionManager/resiprocate/sip" for CM
"/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/ConnectionManager/resiprocate" at bus name
"org.freedesktop.Telepathy.ConnectionManager.resiprocate"
tp-qt 0.9.6.1 DEBUG: Registered object
"/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/ConnectionManager/resiprocate/sip" at bus name
"org.freedesktop.Telepathy.ConnectionManager.resiprocate"
tp-qt 0.9.6.1 DEBUG: Registering CM
"/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/ConnectionManager/resiprocate" at bus name
"org.freedesktop.Telepathy.ConnectionManager.resiprocate"
tp-qt 0.9.6.1 DEBUG: Registered object
"/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/ConnectionManager/resiprocate" at bus name
"org.freedesktop.Telepathy.ConnectionManager.resiprocate"

But when I start empathy, I cannot see a SIP account option for
registration. Am I missing something?

PS: I also execute the script at [2] before start telepathy-resiprocate

thanks in advance

[1] https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/tree/master/apps/telepathy
[2]
https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/blob/master/apps/telepathy/deploy-properties