[Telepathy] run telepathy with empathy at ubuntu

Alexandr Akulich akulichalexander at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:24:56 UTC 2016

Hi Mateus,

Are you talking about *account registration* (e.g. on remote server)
or about local account setup?

I'm not familiar with Empathy, but usually we have to write account
setup code for each CM. Alternatively, you can use mc-tool to setup
account from command line.
Account registration usually performed via "register" connection
parameter [1]. If there is no such option in the UI, then you can
"fallback" to mc-tool (again) to set arbitrary connection parameter.

[1] https://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/Connection_Manager.html#Simple-Type:Connection_Parameter_Name