[Telepathy] requestHandles method behaviour

Mateus Bellomo mateusbellomo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 17:59:38 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have implemented the requestSubscription() and requestHandles() methods
at telepathy-resiprocate [1]. I'm using Empathy as a client and testing it
I noticed that when I try to add a contact in the contact list, in the
window that opens, the method requestHandle() is being called several times
while the user is typing the contact to add. So several 'partial' contacts
are being added to my map that holds my contact identifiers [2] [3] like
this:

mateus
mateus2@
mateus2 at test.s
mateus2 at test.sip5060
mateus2 at test.sip5060.net

I'm wondering if this behaviour should be expected from telepathy or it's
just a bug.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/tree/master/apps/telepathy