[Telepathy] requestHandles method behaviour

Alexandr Akulich akulichalexander at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:53:16 UTC 2016

Hi Mateus,

The question is sounds similar to [1].

I replied personally to you, instead of to the list, so I will quote myself:

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 2:18 AM, Mateus Bellomo <mateusbellomo at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is while I'm typing the identifier of a contact to add, the
> function requestHandles() is being called several times:
>
> Let's say I wan to add a contact mateus2 at ws.sip5060.net. While I'm typing,
> the function requestHandles() is being called at least 2 times before I hit
> enter so the contacts actually added would be (possibly):
>
> mateus2 at w
> mateus2 at ws.sip5060.net
>
> In this case I have a wrong list after I hit enter because there could be a
> lot of contacts that don't even are a real contact.

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 2:32 AM, Alexandr Akulich
<akulichalexander at gmail.com> wrote:
> Empathy shows list of all known contacts. While you typing the
> identifier, empathy asks the CM: "is this contact valid?" CM answers:
> "yes, it's valid" and then Empathy adds the contact to the list. It's
> not the user-controllable "contact list", but something like list of
> contacts, referenced in current session.
>
> I would suggest to ask Empathy devs on this regard.
>
> IIRC KDE Telepathy works differently — it just doesn't check
> identifier while user typing.

I'm going to suggest it again: ask Empathy developers.

[1] https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/2016-June/006919.html

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Mateus Bellomo