[Telepathy] Telepathy Release process?

Alexandr Akulich akulichalexander at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 22:16:28 UTC 2017

Hi Diane,

I think that it makes sense to ship the release through
freedesktop.org and copy it to the github.com project.
The first reason is that we do not release that frequently to ask
distributions to look at github.
The second reason is that freedesktop.org is still a preferred
platform in terms of freedom. "Github is a proprietary platform, so
someone can buy and close it."

My suggestion is to release all project presented at freedesktop.org
via freedesktop.org at the first place and via github.com as the
second place. I can help with both, but I develop only Qt side of
things. Maybe there is something like "maintainer-upload-release"
target in telepathy-idle? We have such one in telepathy-qt.