[Telepathy] Requesting status of Python 3 version of Telepathy

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort emilio.pozuelo at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 15 13:36:36 UTC 2018

On 15/05/18 14:38, Rahul Bothra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We (Sugar), are using telepathy for our Python 2 version. We are porting to
> Python 3.
>
> Is a Python 3.x telepathy build available or are there any plans to release
> the same ?

The GObject Introspection bindings of telepathy-glib can be accessed from Python
2 as well as Python 3. I suppose you are using the old, static Python 2 only
bindings (telepathy-python), right? If so, I would suggest to port to the GI
bindings first while still using Python 2, and then do the Python 2 to 3 port.
That way you can more easily isolate any possible regressions.

Cheers,
Emilio