[Uim] Scheme to determine default IM

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Fri Aug 6 02:32:00 EEST 2004

Hi uim developers, excuse me for my absent in the development...

At Wed, 4 Aug 2004 04:52:15 +0900,
tkng at xem.jp wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:49:45 +0900
> Takuro Ashie <ashie at homa.ne.jp> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:17:43 +0900
> > TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki <tkng at xem.jp> wrote:
> >
> > > Retaining all of them is a bother! So, we should unify the input
> > > method at the bridge level, and have a mechanism to determine that
> > > which input method should be default. (Is there any objection?)
> >
> > I agree with it, but we need to discuss (or confirm) which level we
> > should unify it. libuim? bridge?
>
> Bridge. I think unifying at libuim is impossible. If we do so, we cannot
> support multiple input methods.

> > BTW, I want to implement unified IM bridge (and switching mechanism)
> > to the uim-gtk-imm bridge now. I'll post the patch later if there are
> > no objections about it.
>
> That's great. I hope you post the patch at an early date.

I couldn't understand what you meant by 'unify' and 'unified
mode' and what you're discussing. But perhaps I've seen what you
meant.

You are discussing 'multiplexing input methods' and
'multiplexed mode'. Aren't you?

Yes, it could be understood by reading mail carefully or just
look at the code. But I think that correct naming is required
for correct understanding for anyone.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp