[Uim] Using Subwindow & IM Specific widget.

Kazuki Ohta mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp
Tue Dec 14 18:18:33 EET 2004

Hi.

Komatsu-san also requested me to add the data to candidate freely by the
IMEngine (including the property name) like this.

(list cand
      (digit->string (+ idx 1))
      (list (list 'usage   "usage string")
            (list 'comment "comment string")))

Currently, get-candidate-handler's result is passed to uim-core by using
(im-return-str-list). To satisfy this demand, more complicated parsing of
data is needed in uim-core. I don't like this way personally. I like:

(list cand
      (digit->string (+ idx 1))
       "annotation string"
       "usage string"
       "comment string")

and

struct uim_candidate_ {
    char *str;         /* candidate */
    char *heading_label;
    char *annotation;
    char *usage
    char *comment
};

How do you think about this?

> > > 2. Add variable to candidate data struct
> > >    struct uim_candidate_ {
> > >        char *str;         /* candidate */
> > >        char *heading_label;
> > >        char *annotation;
> > >
> > >        char *subwindow_data;
> > >    };
> >
> > I prefer this. But use annotation member instead of adding new member.
>
> OK. I've added "char *annotation" member to this struct, and also added the
> new public function called "uim_candidate_get_annotation_str".
>
> But please notice. The way I proposed first seems to be smart in
> implementing the feature of looking up the word dictionary. Looking up is
> done by pressing a key (for example, <end> key), so if we implement this
> feature in uim-core level, we need the way to activate subwindow by IM
> Engine)

Move the worl:D!
Kazuki Ohta : mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp