[Uim] Using Subwindow & IM Specific widget.

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Tue Dec 21 22:49:26 EET 2004

Sorry for late replying.

I want to comment in two points.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 01:18:33 +0900
Kazuki Ohta <mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp> wrote:

> Komatsu-san also requested me to add the data to candidate freely by
> the IMEngine (including the property name) like this.
>
> (list cand
>       (digit->string (+ idx 1))
>       (list (list 'usage   "usage string")
>             (list 'comment "comment string")))
>
> Currently, get-candidate-handler's result is passed to uim-core by
> using (im-return-str-list). To satisfy this demand, more complicated
> parsing of data is needed in uim-core. I don't like this way
> personally.

I think such way won't need so complicated parsing. We'll be able to
handle such data easily with assq (or assv or assoc). If you want to
know detailed infomation, google by 'association list'.

I like:

> (list cand
>       (digit->string (+ idx 1))
>        "annotation string"
>        "usage string"
>        "comment string")
>
> and
>
> struct uim_candidate_ {
>     char *str;         /* candidate */
>     char *heading_label;
>     char *annotation;
>     char *usage
>     char *comment
> };
>
> How do you think about this?

I doubt whether such extention is really need. In uim, there would be no
way to dictinct annotation/usage/comment. All of them will be shown in
subwindow, that will be all that uim can. (Or we should change the color
of annotation/usage/comment? If so, there is a need to distinct them.)

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
http://kodou.net/