[Uim] Standalone scm file crashing GTK

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Tue Feb 3 20:19:12 EET 2004

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:26:17 -0700
Jon Babcock <jon at kanji.com> wrote:

> It seems that uim is picking up other .scm files in one's home
> directory or present working directory. Alternate versions of my
> pyunihan.scm, etc.,  were greatly confusing uim. When I removed all
> scheme files from my pwd, uim succeeded to use my pyunihan.scm file
> correctly. (Maybe this is obvious to those who program in scheme.)

Yes, it is. I also think this speficication causes confusion, so I
modified it. Now uim doesn't read the file in current directory.

> (2) memory limit.
>
> loader.scm failed to handle my big pyunihan.scm file.  But after I
> commented out all other 'require' statements in loader.scm except for
> pyunihan.scm, it worked ok.
>
> So now I wonder how to change uim's memory limit so that I can include
> pyunihan and all the other input methods to loader.scm again?

Yes, uim has a memory limitation. I investigated the bug, and finally
found that extention of heap size solve the problem. Now David's
romaja-standalone.scm works.

> PS
> I want to revise pyunihan.scm before I give it to the uim developers.
> I'll probably take a couple weeks.

Of course you can update your pyunihan.scm, so you don't need to make a
perfect file from the beginning.

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
http://kodou.net/