[Uim] Standalone scm file crashing GTK

Jon Babcock jon at kanji.com
Sat Feb 7 21:54:28 EET 2004

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki wrote:
>>I want to revise pyunihan.scm before I give it to the uim developers.
>>I'll probably take a couple weeks.
>

> Of course you can update your pyunihan.scm, so you don't need to make a
> perfect file from the beginning.

Good idea.

Developers who want to try pyunihan.scm, may grab it from my (temporary)
anonymous ftp server: er.kanji.com

In the next version of pyunihan.scm, I'll probably move all the kanji
that do not have glyphs in my Linux fonts to the end of the candidate
list. Now they come up first and are represented only by their Unicode
number.

Note that the kanji for each pinyin syllable are arranged according to
the traditional Kangxi classifier (aka 'radical') plus stroke count.

Some pinyin syllables, e.g., 'ji',  have more than 400 candidates!
Because there are so many candidates for each toneless pinyin syllable,
  the pyunihan input method is not very practical for those who want to
compose anything longer than a line or two in modern traditional or
simplified Chinese. For simplified Chinese, it is better to use PY.scm.
For writing in traditional Chinese, pyunihan can be used until an input
method dedicated to traditional Chinese is made available to uim. (If no
one else does it, I may work on that in the future.)

And of course, I look forward to the day when mozilla-firebird,
mozilla-thunderbird, and openoffice can fully use uim under Gnome.

Thanks for your help in getting pyunihan working.

Jon

--
Jon Babcock <jonatkanjidotcom>