[Uim] A problem using uim and anthy in KDE

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Fri Feb 20 13:09:13 EET 2004

Hello there,

I'm Japanese and started using uim and anthy on my Linux box just a couple
of days ago.  I'm new to it and still trying to find out its features, but
I already like it much more than kinput2 and FreeWnn that I used for about
an year.

It looks like the new method works fine both in Gnome and KDE
applications, in a little bit different ways though, but the numeric pad
of my Japanse 106 keyboard doesn't respond at all in the latters.  Is this
a known problem?  I was wondering if there was a way to fix it or a
workaroud.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Yukiko

P.S. I'm willing to learn and try new things but basically don't
understand developers' language.