[Uim] uim-0.3.0

Jon Babcock jon at kanji.com
Sun Feb 22 23:29:53 EET 2004

David Oftedal wrote:
> Thank you for releasing yet another version of uim, and of course for
> including the romaja method. :)

I second that! It's greatly appreciated, thanks.

> First of all, I have to ask the list if anyone else is having problems
> using the enter key under GTK. This doesn't affect anthy, of course, but
> in several other methods, the enter key will only end candidate
> selection, and never return a newline.

I'm having the same problem, at least with uim-py and uim-pyunihan.
Haven't tried any other uim yet. 'Enter' ends candidate selection, but
doesn't return a newline. I must Shift-Ctl to exit the uim and then hit
Return to get a new line.

Question regarding anthy:

This is the first time I installed uim from scratch. Previously I used
the Linux deb unstable packages. Now, when I use uim-anthy, I get kana,
but no kanji. Obviously, I'm missing an essential step in the
installation. What would that be?

Thanks.

Jon

--