[Uim] A problem using uim and anthy in KDE

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Thu Feb 26 00:10:31 EET 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 02:24:17PM +0900, YamaKen wrote:
> > Since the uim keys are processed using the scheme files in
> > /usr/share/uim, that'd be the first place to look. You want
> > generic-key.scm and the appropriate .scm file for your uim backend...

> > It's be amusing to write a program to turn the .scm files into
> > key definitions, but in the meantime here's the manual method.

> > They're written in scheme so it's prolly hard to get started. You're
> > looking for things like
> > (define keyjob
> >  (lambda (key keystate)
> >   (or
> >    ( one key setup )
> >    ( other key setup )
> >   )
> >  )
> > )

> I have just finished implementing a new key-binding method,
> called 'define-key'. This makes key-binding easy as following.

> (define-key anthy-kana-toggle-key? "q")

That's _great_. Is there a reference for the exact key syntax
to use? (I saw in key.scm a reference to 'Emacs-like' and I'm
wondering if that's what the definitions are) as I'd like to
get Super_L working for me without resorting to xmodmap.

> See anthy.scm for more example. Transitions on any other files
> such as generic-key.scm will follow soon.

This'll fix my next comment, the fact that ascii values are
being used which makes it _hard_ to look up. :-)

> http://freedesktop.org:8080/svn/uim/trunk/scm/anthy.scm

OK, I'll bite... Where's the function itself defined?

> I hope this helps making a good tutorial.

This'll help with a tutorial, a config util, and in fact
pretty much everything this thread has discussed. :-)

Is this going to be in the next release?

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

Shorter .sig for a more eco-friendly paperless office.