[Uim] A problem using uim and anthy in KDE

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Fri Feb 27 06:30:16 EET 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:24:34AM +0900, YamaKen wrote:
> At Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:10:31 +1100,
> Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au wrote:

> > Is there a reference for the exact key syntax to use? (I saw
> > in key.scm a reference to 'Emacs-like' and I'm wondering if
> > that's what the definitions are) as I'd like to get Super_L
> > working for me without resorting to xmodmap.

> Is 'Super_L' popular on some (language-specific) environment?
> If so, uim should add it as standard keysym and you get happy.

Super_L is (at least on my laptop, I've never tried anywhere else)
the left "Windows" key. It certainly seems a useful thing for uim
to have available as a keysym on non-Japanese keyboards... Also
Super_R is the right "Windows" key, and Menu is the "Context Menu" key.

> Reference doc for define-key is not written yet. As rough
> explanation, there is some basic rules.

[Trimmed useful explanation]

> > > See anthy.scm for more example. Transitions on any other files
> > > such as generic-key.scm will follow soon.

> > > http://freedesktop.org:8080/svn/uim/trunk/scm/anthy.scm
> >
> > OK, I'll bite... Where's the function itself defined?
>
> What "the function" mean?
> define-key itself? or a predicate that generated by define-key?

define-key itself. I guess it's less urgent since you wrote the
above, which pretty much answers every question I had. :-)

Oh! It's not written in scheme, I guess it's implemented in
the actual executable itself?

> > Is this going to be in the next release?

> Maybe. I want so strongly.

Now I've seen it, me too!

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.