[Uim] A problem using uim and anthy in KDE

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sun Feb 29 03:46:13 EET 2004

At Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:30:16 +1100,
Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:24:34AM +0900, YamaKen wrote:
> > At Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:10:31 +1100,
> > Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au wrote:

> > Is 'Super_L' popular on some (language-specific) environment?
> > If so, uim should add it as standard keysym and you get happy.
>
> Super_L is (at least on my laptop, I've never tried anywhere else)
> the left "Windows" key. It certainly seems a useful thing for uim
> to have available as a keysym on non-Japanese keyboards... Also
> Super_R is the right "Windows" key, and Menu is the "Context Menu" key.

I got it. They are very popular (in Japan, too). It was
forgotten since my keyboards has no such keys.

I have added Super and Hyper modifier key support to uim. It is
basically working on gtk-im-uim and uim-xim, but it has a little
restriction. Since uim treats right and left modifier key as
unified symbol, Super_L and Super_R cannot be distinguished (for
now).

You can use <Super> and <Hyper> modifiers in define-key as
follows without xmodmapping, if your desktop environment was
born for uim.

http://freedesktop.org:8080/svn/uim/trunk/doc/XIM-SERVER

> > > OK, I'll bite... Where's the function itself defined?
> >
> > What "the function" mean?
> > define-key itself? or a predicate that generated by define-key?
>
> define-key itself. I guess it's less urgent since you wrote the
> above, which pretty much answers every question I had. :-)
>
> Oh! It's not written in scheme, I guess it's implemented in
> the actual executable itself?

You're right. define-key is implemented as C function because
uim's Scheme interpreter not supports user defined macro.

define-key is just a thin wrapper for define-key-internal
(written in Scheme).

  (define-key foo-key? "<Control>a")

  (define-key-internal 'foo-key? "<Control>a")

P.S.
uim has entirely define-key-nized now. See you next release!

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp