[Uim] A problem using uim and anthy in KDE

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Sun Feb 29 08:41:46 EET 2004

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 10:46:13AM +0900, YamaKen wrote:
> I have added Super and Hyper modifier key support to uim. It is
> basically working on gtk-im-uim and uim-xim, but it has a little
> restriction. Since uim treats right and left modifier key as
> unified symbol, Super_L and Super_R cannot be distinguished (for
> now).
>
> You can use <Super> and <Hyper> modifiers in define-key as
> follows without xmodmapping, if your desktop environment was
> born for uim.
>
> http://freedesktop.org:8080/svn/uim/trunk/doc/XIM-SERVER

D'oh. That's great, but what I want to do is use the Super_L
(my laptop doesn't have Super_R so it doesn't matter if they're
conflated, and for modifiers that makes sense) by itself, rather
than as a modifier...

I guess for that usage, I'll stick with Xmodmap, or have a play
with it when the new release ships into Debian.

> P.S.
> uim has entirely define-key-nized now. See you next release!

_Excellent_.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.