[Uim] New problems with the return key + hangeul questions

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Sun Jan 4 23:07:35 EET 2004

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 19:56:03 +0100
David Oftedal <david at start.no> wrote:

> With the arrival of uim version 0.2.2, the return key can successfully
> be used for cutting off editing as predicted. However, in any input
> method other than uim-anthy, it still won't input newlines. This means
> that uim-anthy is still the only input method that's practically
> useable.

It's a bug of generic.scm. But I think uim-skk and uim-prime are also
can input newlines, because they don't use generic.scm.

This bug will be fix in the next release. I will release 0.2.3 on
tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

> Other than that, I have a few questions about the hangul.scm. There
> are a few special entries that I don't know what to do with. Some
> entries start with a capital "Z". These are just zenkaku romaja, so I
> guess I don't need to include those in my romaja schema.
>
> Some entries, though, start witha capital "H". This seems to be some
> special mode that lets you enter historical hangeul. Since "h" is
> mapped to "o", I simply changed every "H" to a capital "O". Was this
> the correct decision, or should I let it remain at the "H" key?
>
> Similarly, some entries contain a capital "G", "D", and/or "S". Should
> I let them remain at "G", "D" and "S", or change them to "H", "NG" and
> "N"?

Sorry, since I'm not well up on hangul, I can't understand your
question. I think we need someone who know about hangul well.

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki