[Uim] New problems with the return key + hangeul questions

David Oftedal david at start.no
Mon Jan 5 03:10:23 EET 2004

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki wrote:
> It's a bug of generic.scm. But I think uim-skk and uim-prime are also
> can input newlines, because they don't use generic.scm.
>
> This bug will be fix in the next release. I will release 0.2.3 on
> tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Thanks. Following up on this new release, I'll try and get gentoo.org to
update their ebuild. (Though I'll be installing version 0.2.3 as soon as
you release it, of course.)

> Sorry, since I'm not well up on hangul, I can't understand your
> question. I think we need someone who know about hangul well.

Hehe, yes. I can still only read "ng" and "l" (Oh, and I've learned "s
and "ch", too), but I rather think my input method works anyway. Though
I don't know if it conforms with any known standards of romanization.

Whoever wants to try it, though, could have a look at:

http://home.no.net/david/romaja/romaja.scm

I've added back some of the Zenkaku entries, so that it's possible to
write periods, commas, dashes, ampersands etc. without having to switch
the input method off. Period's still a bit buggy, though, and perhaps
the error lies in generic.scm again.

If anyone knows Hangeul here, please try romaja.scm and give me feedback
on it. In order to enable it, you need to add it to
/etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules, plus several places in hangul.scm.

-Dave Oftedal