[Uim] traditional Chinese py input?

Jon Babcock jon at kanji.com
Mon Jan 19 07:54:55 EET 2004

[UTF-8]

Tokunaga-san, thanks.

The beginning of my 'pyunihan.scm' file now is:

;; kanji extracted from Unihan-4.0.1d3b.txt, a work in progress file
;; from <http://www.unicode.org/Public/4.0-Update1/>
(define pyunihan-rule
   '(((("a"))("吖" "啊" "嗄" "腌" "錒" "锕" "阿"))

The ending of pyunihan.scm now is:

(require "generic.scm")
;;
(define pyunihan-init-handler
   (lambda (id arg)
     (let* ((c (find-context id))
	   (cc (context-data c)))
       (set-context-data!
        (generic-context-new pyunihan-rule #f))
       ())))

(generic-register-im
  'pyunihan "zh_CN" "UTF8" pyunihan-init-handler)

Please note that the kanji 呵 doesn't occur in my list for the pinyin
syllable 'a'. But when I select "uim-py" as my input method from the
right-click dropdown list in gedit, for example, why do I still get 呵
as one of the seven candidates? And I also get 錒 which is not in the
original PY.scm list. ??

I renamed pyunihan.scm as PY.scm in /usr/share/uim on sid.

Thanks.

Jon

--
Jon Babcock <jonatkanjidotcom>