[Uim] traditional Chinese py input?

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Mon Jan 19 09:35:32 EET 2004

Hi,

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:54:55 -0700
Jon Babcock <jon at kanji.com> wrote:

> Please note that the kanji 呵 doesn't occur in my list for the pinyin
> syllable 'a'. But when I select "uim-py" as my input method from the
> right-click dropdown list in gedit, for example, why do I still get 呵
> as one of the seven candidates? And I also get ___ which is not in the
> original PY.scm list. ??

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are saying...

1. You still get 呵 as the first candidate of 'a'
2. You get 錒 which defined only your new input method.

If both of 1 and 2 are right, I can't guess what happened.

> I renamed pyunihan.scm as PY.scm in /usr/share/uim on sid.

If you renamed your pyunihan.scm as PY.scm and you can select "uim-py",
something wrong would happen. Name of input method is determined by the
argument of register-im, so you should select "uim-pyunihan", not
"uim-py".

And, if you want to "add" your input method instead of "replace", you
should modify your loader.scm. Adding 1 line such
(require"pyunihan.scm")  is enough.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki