[Uim] Romaja input method done... I think

David Oftedal david at start.no
Mon Jan 19 14:21:49 EET 2004

Well, I've looked at the different rules for romanizing Hangeul, and I
think that although there are several steps I could take to make my
Hangeul schema work better with actual romaja, I'm not gonna bother with
it at the moment, since it would only make the file bigger and harder to
use.

So people are gonna have to keep writing "Gamsa habnida" and not "Kamsa
hamnida". Though for people who know Korean but just don't have a Korean
keyboard, this should be OK. I often use Kunrei when I type in Japanese,
anyway. If you can type "situmon", why bother with "shitsumon"? =P

I still haven't figured out what those entries starting with certain
capital letters are... As you said, Tokunaga-san, let's hope we get some
actual Koreans here soon that might be willing to tell us. ;) But other
than that, it should be ready for a preliminary release, if you think
other people might find it useful, at any rate.

It depends on hangul.scm, just like hangul2.scm, and is similar to that
file in almost every way. It's located at (because I can't attach files):

http://home.no.net/david/hangul.scm

-Dave