[Uim] Romaja input method done... I think

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Fri Jan 23 20:22:51 EET 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:21:49 +0100
David Oftedal <david at start.no> wrote:

> Well, I've looked at the different rules for romanizing Hangeul, and I
> think that although there are several steps I could take to make my
> Hangeul schema work better with actual romaja, I'm not gonna bother
> with it at the moment, since it would only make the file bigger and
> harder to use.
>
> So people are gonna have to keep writing "Gamsa habnida" and not
> "Kamsa hamnida". Though for people who know Korean but just don't have
> a Korean keyboard, this should be OK. I often use Kunrei when I type
> in Japanese, anyway. If you can type "situmon", why bother with
> "shitsumon"? =P

I think "shitsumon" should be allowed, because it's common. And, if
"Kamsa hamnida" is common, it's should be allowed, too.

> I still haven't figured out what those entries starting with certain
> capital letters are... As you said, Tokunaga-san, let's hope we get
> some actual Koreans here soon that might be willing to tell us. ;) But
> other than that, it should be ready for a preliminary release, if you
> think other people might find it useful, at any rate.

Yes, native language users are need to make practical input method...

If there's no licence problem, I'll add hanja.scm to uim repository. How
do you think?

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki