[Uim] Preventing Shift+Space from turning on IM

Joseph Foran jcforan at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 19:38:16 EEST 2004

Hi everyone,

I've just installed Mandrake 10 community edition and
have got uim working apart from one slight issue. I
can't stop Shift+space from toggling between english
and japanese input and as I tend to hit this
combination a lot it can get a little annoying.

I tried editing my ~/.uim file as per

http://anthy.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/hikija/hiki.cgi?%A5%AB%A5%B9%A5%BF%A5%DE%A5%A4%A5%BA

(I inserted the commands to emulate the MS-IME given
at the bottom of the page)

and removed from the "<Shift> " from the
define-generic-on-key statement. but still no joy.
I've looked around for configuration files for XIM,
anthy and uim in my system but found nothing that
might help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe