[Uim] Preventing Shift+Space from turning on IM

yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp
Thu Jul 22 15:17:09 EEST 2004

Hi,

Thank you for using uim.

> can't stop Shift+space from toggling between english
> and japanese input and as I tend to hit this
> combination a lot it can get a little annoying.
>
> I tried editing my ~/.uim file as per
>
> http://anthy.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/hikija/hiki.cgi?%A5%AB%A5%B9%A5%BF%A5%DE%A5%A4%A5%BA
>
> (I inserted the commands to emulate the MS-IME given
> at the bottom of the page)
Does MS-IME like binds work well?
If so, probably you made a misspelling. Please show us the
correspondin line of .uim.

> and removed from the "<Shift> " from the
> define-generic-on-key statement. but still no joy.
Could you replace the line with following line?
(define-key anthy-on-key? '("<Control>j" "<Control>J" "zenkaku-hankaku"))
I hope this may help you.

> I've looked around for configuration files for XIM,
> anthy and uim in my system but found nothing that
> might help. Any ideas?
Yes. developers should make a graphical tool to configure key bindings. ;P
--
 CHAOS AND CHANCE!
  Yusuke TABATA (yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp)